STEPS TO ENROLLMENT FOR NEW STUDENTS
All students, except those exempted on the basis of locally established criteria (see next page), are expected to complete the following matriculation steps. Detailed information regarding matriculation policies and provisions can be found in the College catalog and Schedule of Classes.
STEP ONE: APPLICATION
STEP TWO: ATTEND "NEW STUDENT" ORIENTATION
Orientation prepares you to register for your first semester classes
STEP THREE: COMPLETE ASSESSMENT TEST
STEP FOUR: COUNSELING/EDUCATIONAL PLAN
- Counselors will be available by appointment or on a limited walk-in basis in the Counseling/Administration Building (#55) for additional career and educational planning. Call (760) 245-4271, ext. 2296 or 2531.
- You are not required to submit an Education Plan to the Financial Aid Office unless you have to petition for Financial Aid, or are a G.I. Bill student.
- Students may register before meeting with an counselor, however, an educational plan is highly recommended.
STEP FIVE: REGISTER FOR CLASSES
- A registration date will automatically be assigned to you allowing you to use WebAdvisor, our online registration system.
- To determine your registration date, go to http://www.vvc.edu and look under “Admissions” for the registration date information for the term in which you have applied. Registration dates may not be available if you have applied early for a term. Continue to check the VVC website for updates. The Schedule of Classes and instructions for registration can be found on WebAdvisor at http://webadvisor.vvc.edu.
- A Student Identification Card is required for VVC students and must be presented to access certain classes, computer labs, the weight room and the library. Bring your photo ID and class printout to the ASB Office (Upstairs in Building #44) to get your photo taken and get your ASB / Student ID card.
STEP SIX: PAY FEES
- For your convenience, you may pay your fees by:
- Payments must be received no later than 4:30pm on the fee payment deadline.
- For more information about fees, click here.
FINANCIAL AID (optional):
- Many VVC students receive some type of financial assistance in the form of grants, loans, and/or scholarships to help pay for the costs of attending Victor Valley College.
- To apply, complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- You can obtain all the necessary forms and instructions on the Financial Aid Website here.